free audio plugins
the fish fillets
channel insert package
|BLOCKFISH is a versatile compressor with countless ways to shape the incoming audio.|
Unlike many other digital compressors, BLOCKFISH has 'soul'. It likes to bite, but it can be tamed easily once you've learned how to use its potential.
|You can remove the front plate and make further adjustments on the circuit board.|
Everything is possible: clean, transparent, loud, punchy, silky, subtle, fat. But still with a unique sonic character.
|SPITFISH is a dead-easy to use de-esser, aimed mainly at mono or stereo vocal tracks. Just like classic analog de-essers, this unit dynamically filters out harsh, annoying s-like sounds that would otherwise 'spit' in your face.|
|FLOORFISH is a simple expander / gate device, easy to set up and offers a broad variety of processing, ranging from slight expansion, backgound noise attenuation to extreme gating effects.|
What's different from similar units is the ability to scan the source and adjust the transistion curve accordingly.
|Available for PC/Win & Mac OS hosts. PDF manual included.|
|the fish fillets PC (Win) version 1.1|
|the fish fillets Mac OS 9 version 1.0|
the fish fillets Mac OS X version 1.0 for VST
the fish fillets Mac OS X version 1.1 as AudioUnits
The mac version will most certainly not work on current Macs! They weren't compiled for Intel-based Macs at all (due to the age of the code base...). So the software might only be of use for older machines...
Windows users: 32bits only here. Don't ask for x64. No way.
Why that? See the 'about' page for reasons...
March 25, 2005
OSX (AU) versions: Urs @ u-he updated the fillets so that they pass the AU validation procedure of Logic 7.
April 04, 2004:
version 1.1 available as AudioUnits (AU) for MacOS X)
Feb 19, (taken from the 'news' section):
"I've updated the v1.1 zip file of the 'fish fillets' (PC/Win): the 'blockfish' compressor tended to produce some low-frequency rumble noise at high saturation settings and the 'complex' mode switched in. This has been fixed as well as some minor changes within the compressor path.
However, the version number is still stuck at 1.1. It's too much of work to change this in all of the three plugins, their interface and the manuals just because of 10 lines of code that had changed.
If you're unsure that you've got the latest version: the new file 'blockfish.dll' is date of Feb 16."
- Fixed a bug that led to a memory leak (causing crashes), especially with Win XP and Cubase SX. This has been most prominent with blockfish, but is fixed with the other two plugins as well.
- Replaced the saturation stage (between the circuits and at the output) inside of blockfish. Should sound much nicer now.
- Fixed a bug in floorfish. The 'expansion' knob showed an incorrect position when a preset was loaded back from the hard disk.
Unzip the archive, copy the plugin file into your '\vstplugins' folder and (re)start the host program. It should find dominion as a new insert plugin.
Mac OS X users: place the files in the directory '~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/'
Requirements for the AudioUnits:
- MacOS 10.2+
- AudioUnits compatible host software
- some VST host programs won't display the preset names correctly. You'll sometimes see names like 'default' or 'init 1, init 2, ...' instead of the 'real' names, although the parameters are loaded correctly. This is due to different methods that can be used to implement preset support. I will fix this as soon as I get back to the code (when ever that is...)
If the download link does not work properly, you should try using 'save as...' in you browser context menu.